NRacing Katana 5" racing frame
Katana 5" racing frame
Full 3K Carbon Fiber
The pod designed for 28mm size cameras (HS1177 type)
Camera angle : up to 90 degrees.
3D printed flexible parts : vtx antenna and RX mount, camera sides grip
Thin arms, 8mm large 5mm thick
Designed for 4in1 ESC
FC mount 30x30
Motor mount pattern 22xx
Carbon weight : 73g
Totalweight (carbon + 3d print + screws): 96g
The Katana is our new race frame, it comes in a 5”, 6” or 7" version. It is the result of over 6 months of research and development with these ideas in mind:
- Optimized airflow
- Facilitate maintenance at racing events
- Finding the right balance between weightlessness and aerodynamics without losing durability
- And as always, an eye pleasing design
Features : 1. Optimized air flow :
We made the decision to use slimmer arms in order to reduce drag resistance.
To keep robustness in the event of a crash, the arms are made out of 5mm thick quality carbon fiber.
Solid enough to handle crashes and flexible enough not to break.
2. Convertible pod
We wanted a pod with two side plates to protect the electronics and the camera. Often pods designed like this are not very practical.
There are too many screws to unfasten and these pods detach themselves completely which in turn puts strain on the fpv systems wiring and the rest of the electronics.
To remedy this problem, we’ve created one of the first convertible pods.
How does it work ?
Couldn’t be simpler. Just unfasten the two screws at the back, push the pod forward and you can open it. To close, just do the same in reverse.
Does the pod stay in place in the event of a crash ?
Not a problem. Once the screws in the back are well fastened the pod reacts just like any other. Even with slightly loose screws, the friction between the carbon elements (arms, central plate) is enough to keep the pod together.
Is my camera well protected ?
Yes, without a doubt. The lens is between two 3mm carbon plates and two horizontal standoffs.
Pigtail / SMA extention :
In the back of the central plates, a space was kept in order to put a pigtail like the popular Tramp HV and TBS Unify pro or any other SMA type connector for your VTX antenna. We’ve made this space out of flexible 3d printed material so when a crash occurs, it will bend before your antenna rips off.
- 4 x 5mm carbon fiber arms (matte)
- 1 x 1.5mm carbon fiber top plate (matte)
- 2 x 3 mm side pod plate (matte)
- 2 x 2mm central plate
- 1 x VTX & RX antenna flexible 3D printed mount (red)
- 1 set of flexible 3d printed camera side grip (red)
- 4 x 16mm stainless steel screws (flat thin head)
- 4 x 12mm stainless steel screws (flat thin head)
- 6 x 8mm stainless stree screws (rounded head)
- 3 x textured red aluminum standoff (30mm)
Carbon weight : 73g
Total frame weight (carbon + 3d print + fasteners) : 96g
- Maximum 2 stacked boards possible a PDB board + and FC board + a runcam split for exemple, wont FIT.
Best choice is : all in one FC+PDB+ESC+OSD or 4in1 ESC + FC board.